Are you interested in getting a virtual mailbox, but aren’t sure if they are worth the cost? To help you decide on the value of virtual mailboxes, we’ll share multiple use cases. There is a mixture of use cases here, so you may find one that’s applicable to your business.
The virtual mailbox market is set to grow beyond $2.2 billion by 2028, so the quality of services is likely to improve. Therefore, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the best virtual mailbox services. Read on for the top use cases to help you decide if they are a worthy asset for your business.
1. Virtual Mailbox Provides a Legit Business Address
Every business needs a legitimate address to interact with clients legally. For example, when sending an email to customers. It’s essential that a business address is included in the email since it’s required by spam regulations.
Using your personal address for business purposes is not ideal since you may receive unwanted mail. Also, some angry customers may take it upon themselves to visit your location if they are unhappy. The last thing you want is for customers to visit your home.
2. When your Physical Mail Is Out of Control
Are you having trouble dealing with the large volume of physical mail? When a business grows at scale – eventually, there will be a time when there is too much incoming mail to deal with. You can hire extra employees to sort through the mail, or you can spend considerably less money by investing in a virtual mailbox service.
Such services will digitize your physical mail so you can scan the inbox at your convenience. This includes using filters and folders from any location. Whereas, with physical mail, it’s a lot harder to manage the inbox and find the mail you need at short notice.
3. Virtual Mailboxes Remove Spam
You can use virtual mailbox services to filter out spam from your inbox so that you’re not overwhelmed. This includes marketing material you don’t want to see and would otherwise waste your time. Some services can also remove specific types of mail that you don’t want to see.
Spam is a big problem that can be even worse with physical mail. That’s because you need to get rid of the mail, which can take up space on your commercial real estate. Hence, why not let a virtual mailbox service take care of the job?
4. Business Accepting Checks
Does your business accept physical checks from customers? Then you can use virtual mailbox services to process the checks on your behalf. You can allow a service to process checks for most banks in the United States. Furthermore, they can complete the service quickly, allowing the money to arrive in your business account as soon as possible.
Whereas, if you were to deposit a check for yourself, then it’s an extra responsibility, and you may not have the time to do it quickly. This is especially true if you have a small team and are still growing your business.
5. Registered Agent Services
You’ll find many virtual mailboxes offering registered agent services, which can help you receive and deal with legal documents. LLC companies usually take advantage of these services to help them not get overwhelmed with legal matters.
Here are some tips for choosing a virtual mailbox that offers good registered services:
- Trial period: you don’t need to use a registered agent service for long to figure out if they are a good match for your business. You should pay attention to the quality of the communication, the range of services, and attention to detail. Some services may even provide a free trial, so you can give them a trial without an expense.
- Prices: it’s a good idea to shop around for a service that offers good value for money. Therefore, you need to compare several services to find the best one. However, you shouldn’t pick the cheapest services either, since in some cases you get what you pay for.
- Reviews: it’s a good idea to do some background research on a company to ensure there are no red flags. In most cases, you should be able to spot poorly performing companies since customers will receive negative reviews. You can check social media channels and also websites like Trustpilot.
- Number of services: make sure that all of the services you need are offered by the registered agent service. This ensures that you can outsource as much of the legal matters as possible.
6. Package Management
Some virtual mailbox services offer package management, which is an easy way to receive packages. However, such services are usually only applicable if a business needs to receive a small number of packages and they aren’t too big. That’s because there might be limited storage space in the warehouse to store large volumes of packages for extended time periods.
7. Manage Mail Remotely
Having the freedom to manage mail remotely can increase the speed of access. That’s because you might be away from your offices or on vacation, yet have control and access to your mail. If there is time-sensitive mail that needs to be opened then, managing mail remotely is a big bonus.
However, you’ll need virtual mailbox services with a good user interface to access your mail. Ideally, there will be a website where you can log in and have a quick overview.
To conclude, the use cases outlined in this article highlight the importance and value of a virtual mailbox. You’ll see that making an investment in these services will be a net positive for your business and will help with the daily running.
However, don’t skip the step of vetting the virtual mailbox service to ensure you find the best one for your needs. This ensures you get good value, the right features, and excellent customer service.