Do you need guidance or motivation on your way to becoming a successful business owner? Then you need to find business mentors that are worth following. Why start from scratch when you can get the help of like-minded professionals who have already walked the path you’re about to embark on.
Shockingly, only 37% of people have a mentor, which is surprising when you consider their advantages. If you’re part of the statistic above, we’ll help you find the best mentor for your needs. This may increase the chances of running a business successfully, growing your team, and providing a better service to customers.
The Advantages of Business Mentors
If you’re still on the fence about business mentors, let’s take a look at a few of their advantages. This will help you decide if they are worth your time:
- Free: you don’t have to spend a lot of money to find a business mentor, although you can go down the expensive route if you want. Nowadays, business mentors can be found online for free. On social media platforms and websites like YouTube, you can find a lot of free content from successful business leaders like Alex Hormozi and Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Choice: don’t like the vibe or teaching of a particular mentor? Then you can find one that’s a better match. Online there are hundreds of potential mentors that you can follow.
- Lots of content: the amount of content put out by some business mentors is impressive. Find one that has been active for a few years and you’ll see there is a treasure trove of information. The depth and amount of info are comparable to a paid course or even a college education – it can be that good.
- Avoid the same mistakes: mentors will be the first to tell you that making mistakes is part of business. Also, they typically share their mistakes, which means you can avoid making them. This will save you a lot of money and increase the chances that your business will become a success.
- Business ideas: find business mentors that are in the same industry as your one to get new ideas for products. Their expertise can help you understand the problems that must be solved in your industry. It includes from anything like setting up a virtual mailbox to increasing conversions.
Are Paid Business Mentors Worth It?
Paid business mentors can be a great choice since they will typically give you 1 on 1 time to help you overcome the specific challenges of your business. However, you need to find one that you can trust to give you time and effort to provide the best help. Therefore, it’s a good idea to look at the reviews and see what other business owners have to say about the business mentor.
Some paid business mentors may even give you extras like open up their network of contacts or offer resources such as logistics. These extras can make a world of difference to businesses just starting out.
It might be the case that the cost of investing in one of these mentors makes up for it in the form of more sales. However, if you choose a bad mentor then it’s possible that your money is wasted and could have been better spent elsewhere.
3 Places to Find Business Mentors Worth Following
Now let’s take a look at the different places online where you might find business mentors. When you know where to look it becomes easy, and you’ll find more mentors that you have time in the day to digest. Here are some of the more common places.
- YouTube: many business mentors have a YouTube channel that love to share their passion, which is business. For example, Gary Vaynerchuk offers many videos that showcase what the day-to-day of running a big company looks like. Whereas business leaders like Alex Hormozi provide a lot of strategies and how to think as a business owner. So you can find YouTube channels with different styles to provide a complete education.
- Social Media: one of the best places to find regular content from thought-provoking business leaders are social media websites. For example, by following the Twitter profile of your desired business mentor, you can get a regular dose of their ideas.
- Podcasts: the evolution of podcasts has been rapid over the last few years, and now it seems as if many of the top business leaders either have a podcast of their own, or appear on different ones regularly. These long-form discussions provide a lot of valuable information that allows you to learn many lessons.
Should You Trust Business Mentors?
This depends on the specific business mentor you choose and the advice they have provided. After all, they are people capable of making mistakes or say something that is untrue, so you need to think about the validity of what’s being shared.
Instead of following business mentors blindly you should use the advice as inspiration and ideas to come up with your own approach. This ensures that the decisions are yours and you’re simply not copying the work of others.
Also, it’s vital to look at the proof of what a business mentor is saying. Research their companies and track records. Some business mentors never had a successful business but instead got started by teaching others how to start one. These types of mentors should be avoided since they don’t have much practical experience to share from doing it themselves.
To conclude, you need to find a business mentor you can trust and offer a lot of content online. Alternatively, you can pay for the services of one if you need extra help with your business specifically. With so many choices online, it’s only a matter of time before you find a good match.
Also, there are many places where you can look to find a good quality mentor, including social media websites, Youtube, and much more. The help that you receive from one of these business leaders can completely transform the way you create strategies for getting more sales and customers.