At some point in your entrepreneurial journey, you’ll probably need to notarize a document. In the past, this meant making an appointment with a notary public, bringing your document (or multiple documents) to be notarized, and then paying a fee for the service. But what if there were a better way? What if you could notarize your documents online without ever having to leave your home or office? Well, thanks to remote online notary (RON) services, you can!
What is a Remote Online Notary Service?
A remote online notary service is exactly what it sounds like—a notary service that can be performed remotely, either via video conference or other electronic means. RON services are becoming increasingly popular as more and more businesses operate remotely and digital nomads crisscross the globe. Here are just a few of the benefits of using a RON service:
- There’s no need to take time out of your busy schedule to travel to a physical location to have your documents notarized.
- RON services are typically much cheaper than traditionalnotary services.
- RON services are convenient—you can notarize your documents anytime, anywhere.
- RON services are fast and efficient.
- Some RON services even offer mobile apps so you can notarize your documents on the go!
How Does It Work?
The process of using a remote online notary service is actually quite simple. First, you’ll need to find a reputable RON provider (like BusinessAnywhere). Then, you’ll schedule an appointment with the provider and submit your document(s) for review. Once the provider has reviewed your document(s), they will provide you with instructions on how to proceed with the remote notarization process. This usually involves signing into a video conferencing program (like Google Meet) so that the notary can witness your signature. That’s it! Once the document has been signed and witnessed, it will be officially notarized.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when using a remote online notary service:
- Make sure you choose a reputable provider who is bonded and insured.
- Check to see if there are any restrictions on which type of documents can be notarized remotely in your state or country.
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements for electronic signatures in your state or country so that you can ensure that your documents will be legally binding.
If you’re in need of notary services, there’s no need to go through the hassle (and expense) of finding a traditional notary public. With remote online notary services, you can now have your documents legally witnessed and signed without ever having to leave your home or office! Just remember to choose a reputable provider like BusinessAnywhere and familiarize yourself with the requirements for electronic signatures in your state or country, and you’ll be good to go!